Finishing cuts & cut-outs, Perforations
At first glance, you may have the image of a block of sheets cut perfectly on all 4 sides with a guillotine knife. But cutting offers many more possibilities. Indeed, depending on the creative desires of our customers, we can sometimes proceed with laser cutting, flatbed table cutting or die cutting, both starting from an electronic file.
How to distinguish them
The die cutterIt is a die cutter, made by a specialist using a wooden support, inside which are positioned the cutting nets, tracers and other perforators according to a predefined visual. In order to cut a paper support, this tool is positioned on one side of a flat press or a cylinder and the paper support on the other, so the pressure exerted will cut or trace or perforate the paper, or other supports such as adhesives (not hard surfaces which will require sawing). Some details on the cutting form:
- Automated & high production rate .
- Reusable form to reduce future costs.
- Tooling development fee (count minimum 60€) on first order
- Cutting fineness limited by fold and thread thickness (0.3 / 0.6 / 0.9 mm)
- Non-negligible shape storage
Laser cuttingIt is a technology that combines a light beam and a set of mirrors to drive a cutting "line" from the machine and focused with a lens on the surface of paper, but also wood, Plexiglas or other supports. In order to cut a shape with surgical precision, the software sends 3 pieces of information: a line file + a determined speed + a determined power Some details about laser cutting :
- Manual production rate sheet by sheet and directly related to the complexity of the visual.
- No tooling, correct cutting from the 1st sheet.
- Cuts Paper, Wood, Plexiglas, vinyl, Acrylic, Textile, MDF, ...
- Use a simple vectorized PDF file to create a cutout
- Cutting mid-chair all classic shapes (rounds, hexagons ...) or lettering up to a letter in 6pt size!" Whether the use of die cutting or laser cutting, Drifosett printing S.A. accompanies you to best establish the balance of costs / benefits of these techniques for your project.